Our Tax Return Preparation Process
|Receive Engagement Letter
|We send you:
|Receive Tax Return Package
|We send you:
|Provide Your Tax Information by 03/15/2024
|You send us:
|Tax Return Preparation (3-4 weeks)
|Your tax preparer:
|Deliver Tax Return by Due Dates
|You receive a copy of your tax returns from us and:
|Provide Feedback on our Performance
|We request your opinion and you:
Important Due Dates
Notes: * Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBARs) are due at the same time as your individual tax returns. ** State tax returns may be due on April 15 or another earlier date before June 17
Other Important Due Dates
|If you would like to have your tax returns extended
|Provide us your tax information by 04/01/2024 for an extension calculation
|If you live abroad on 04/15/2024 or are certain U.S. Non-residents
|Provide us your complete tax information by 05/15/2024 to have your tax returns filed by 06/17/2024
|If you have applied for an extension of time to file your tax returns
|Provide us your complete tax information by 09/16/2024 to have your tax returns filed by 10/15/2024
Check Your Refund Status
Click on the hyperlinks below to access federal, state, and local sites.
IRS Electronic Payment Options
1. Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) for Businesses EFTPS is a system for paying federal taxes electronically via the Internet or phone. EFTPS is offered free by the U.S. Department of Treasury. You can obtain information on EFTPS here. Functionality and Perks:
- Make payments electronically, 24/7
- Schedule payments up to 365 days in advance
- Schedule multiple or recurring payments
- Pay balances due, income taxes, employment taxes, and/or estimated taxes
- Access up to 16 months of payment history of payments made via EFTPS
- Sign up at https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/
- NOTE: Enrollment generally takes several weeks. Once you complete the online enrollment, the IRS will send you your EFTPS PIN via U.S. mail.
2. “Direct Pay” for Individuals “Direct Pay” is available through the IRS and allows taxpayers to make tax payments without having to enroll in EFTPS. Information is available here. Functionality and Perks:
- Make one-time payments directly from a U.S. bank account
- Schedule payments up to 30 days in advance
- Receive instant confirmation that your payment has been submitted
- Avoid the EFTPS enrollment process
- Pay balances due, income taxes, employment taxes, and/or estimated payments
Additional information is available here.
Would you like to access your tax information directly from the IRS?
The IRS has made it easier for taxpayers to access their account information on the IRS website. You can check your payment history, make payments, check the status of your tax return, among other actions. Check out this short IRS YouTube video to learn how.
Want to update your default method of delivery? Can’t find your organizer package? Questions about our process? Contact our Tax Administrator, Dierdre Griffin at email@example.com or call us at (216) 566-9000.